Emergency Information

Gas Emergency

If you can smell gas or think you have a gas leak:

  • Do open doors and windows to let the gas escape
  • Do check your gas appliances are switched off
  • Do call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
  • Do turn your gas off at the isolation switch (if you know where it is), then wait outside, and let your neighbours know.
  • Don’t switch lights on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or use any electrical switches.
  • Don’t smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame.
  • Don’t go back into your home until you’ve got the all-clear.

Electricity Emergency

In the event of a power cut, please remember, that they are usually temporary and won’t last long, but if you experience a power cut that lasts for more than a few hours, you will need to call your Distribution Network Operator (DNO), immediately on 105.

Your Distribution Network Operator are the people responsible for rectifying problems with all cables supplying electricity to your commercial premises. Please ensure before you call them, conduct the following checks:

  • Check your trip switch to make sure there is not a fault with your wiring or electrical items.
  • See if any neighbouring businesses have any power. If they have, it’s likely there’s a problem with the local network – call your DNO on 105 (this is free of charge from most landline and mobile numbers)

Who to call?

In order for you to know which company to call, it is important to have access to your Grid Supply Point (GSP) number. Your GSP number is the first two digits of your electricity supply number (or Meter Point Administration Number – MPAN) – you will find this on any electricity statement from Champion Energy.

If you’re not sure, call 105 and this will put you through to your District Network Operator.

Carbon Monoxide

If you are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide may be escaping from a gas appliance on your business premises, please call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.

If You Suspect An Energy Crime

To report an energy crime:

You may also report an energy crime by contacting Champion Energy.